Monday, May 22, 2017

boot - Stop external usb harddrive from booting


Whenever I boot my machine with an external drive plugged into the usb I get an error:



Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot
device and press a key



I've reviewed my boot order, but my bios does not list any USB boot options.
How can I stop my motherboard from trying to boot to my external drive?


 MB: P4P800SE w/ AMIBIOS 1005
ext. HDD: FreeAgent 750gb

Answer



After I disabled "Legacy USB Support" in the BIOS, the system skipped USB drive detection and booted normally.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...