Sunday, May 21, 2017

windows - Running a .bat file uploading image files, want to know what files are new?

I've got a .bat file that I created, which uploads new files to my company's server.  It works great, but after it runs, I have no idea what files are new vs same.  When the batch file runs, I can see when it pops up as new and when it pops up as same, but I want to create a log file that shows what files are new, excluding the files that weren't uploaded.


Currently, this is my .bat file:


robocopy "C:\HUSAPOGDATA\Product_Library" "\\NOAMSNYW024.noam.heiway.net\NationalAccounts\Category Management\Space Planning Images\Product_Library" beer.mdb
robocopy "C:\HUSAPOGDATA\Product_Library" "\\NOAMSNYW024.noam.heiway.net\NationalAccounts\Category Management\Space Planning Images\Product_Library" SMSB_Library.mdb
robocopy "C:\Pog Images\Images\Beer" "\\NOAMSNYW024.noam.heiway.net\NationalAccounts\Category Management\Space Planning Images\Pog Images\Images\Beer" /E *.1 *.2 *.3 *.7 *.8 *.9 /MIR /S /V /NP /ZB

I use the below command to log the data,


fromlocal2network_productlibrary_new.bat > C:\Merch\log.txt

but I don't want all of the command output, since the file gets huge from thousands of files being uploaded.  Is there a way to separate out the new files from the old in the log file?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...