Sunday, May 21, 2017

macos - Why does my MacBook Pro (8,2, running Yosemite) get so hot?

This may look like a duplicate, but I've done research and noticed that everyone else is asking why their MacBook Pro Early 2011 (8,2) gets so hot- while they're using it. I constantly have activity monitor open to see if it's working hard and I never get more than 1/4 full- yet my fans are going off like it's a race to see which can spin faster. I also have a Mac Mini that CONSTANTLY hits 100%CPU usage - and I can NEVER hear it's fan. I've tried dusting the fans off, only to find that they were already clean. I've tried looking up possible causes, but it seems that everyone else with this problem is working their mac hard. While typing this, my CPU is at 80% idle and the temp is 163F, with fans at 6192rpm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...