Friday, May 19, 2017

partitioning - How do I shrink a partition on Windows, it seems broken?






Hello. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.


After managing my software moving it to some other partition for another OS, I have a partition table that is a bit bizarre. In fact, for example, I can reduce the C: partition to only 14 GB (instead of 70 GB), and I can't add those 14 GB to the partition F:.


So, I ask to you if there are some ways to fix my partition table, without touching the actual OS. (Maybe working when the OS start, or in the pro-visionary modality).


I think this is an hard or maybe impossible request, but I'm looking for a solution I could try!


I remember in the past I use Partition Magic, and sometimes it works for this kind of stuff.
(But, sometimes, not at all hehe).


Cheers


Answer



A great tool that I use to shrink, expand, or even delete partitions is GPartEd (Gnome Partition Editor). The data center I work at uses this tool sometimes too (it's trusted). I would just advise that you attempt to backup your precious data first because I have had a computer BSOD on me after using GPartEd before.


Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...