Thursday, May 25, 2017

How to create Windows 10 installation USB for a Mac without Bootcamp Assistant?

I'm trying to install Windows 10 x64 on a Mac Pro (3,1). The Mac doesn't have OS X installed so I don't have access to Bootcamp Assistant. I tried the following:




  • Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool


    • creates a NTFS USB and doesn't show up in Mac's boot selection screen (pressing option at boot)


  • diskpart + xcopy





    • creates a FAT32 USB. It only shows EFI Boot (the UEFI boot) at the boot selection screen but not Windows (the MBR boot)



      enter image description here





Did I miss something obvious here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...