Friday, May 19, 2017

microsoft excel - How to apply a formatting rule to a whole row based on a cell value


I'd like to Bottom Border to a whole row where a certain cell is non-empty. I have managed to do that by using conditional formatting formula =$A2<>"" and applied that to the whole column.


My problem with that solution however is that it only creates the border only for the single cell and I want the whole row to have the border. It doesn't look like there is anything can be done from the "Format Cells" dialog.


EDIT:


Below is what I have at the moment:


enter image description here


And this is what I want to achieve (assume that the bottom border goes until the end of the row):
enter image description here


This is the conditional formatting rule that I applied:
enter image description here
Any other way to achieve that?


Answer



Do you want the formatting for every row to be based on the value in cell A2? If so, just select the rows you want to format, and use this conditional-formatting formula: =$A$2<>"".


If instead you want each row's formatting to be based on the value in that row's A column, just use the conditional-formatting formula you already mentioned: =$A2<>"".


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...