Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Windows spotlight not displaying vote button + "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

On Windows 10 with the Fall Creators Update, I was seeing spotlight background pictures on the lock screen, but while my home device would show a voting button and useful information about the picture, my work laptop would skip that part and display the password prompt.



Other threads suggested





  1. Opening the Settings app

  2. Go to Personalization > Lock Screen

  3. Change Background from Windows Spotlight to Picture.

  4. Change it back.



Only, this interface was also showing the error message "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" and didn't allow chaging the Background setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...