Thursday, July 12, 2018

windows 7 - Converting C:/ partition to Logical Partition

I have an HP dv6 laptop which came with 4 primary partitions:



  1. System Reserved Partition

  2. C: (contains OS)

  3. Recovery Partition

  4. HP_Tools


I think HP is an amateur company which doesn't even know, putting data in OS partition is nuts but they force their customers.


Now I want to create a new partition (primary) for putting my data in it, as of now all the data is in C:/.


Question:


Can I convert C:/ to a logical partition, so that I can create a new Primary partition for putting data in it? If I do so, will Windows 7 boot from system reserved partition?


Here is the snapshot of my harddrive:
enter image description here


I am using Windows 7


Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...