Thursday, July 12, 2018

windows 7 - Disk Partition Errors

I installed Partition Magic on Windows 7 x64. Looks like it was a bad idea.



I wanted to create a new partition on a second HDD I just added a few weeks ago. I connected it and only 70GB from 160GB were made in a new partition.



I wanted to create a new partition with the rest of the space. I saw "BAD info" on my main HDD 320 GB divided in 2 partitions - C (containing windows), and D (the rest).



I found the unallocated space on the other HDD. I tried to create a partition but I got an error. I decided to try to create it with different software. I uninstalled it and in the process got a BSOD. I restarted the computer and the D: partition just disappeared.



I installed EASEUS Partition Master and successfully created the new partition I wanted from the start. Then I saw the missing partition with no drive letter.




I tried to assign a letter but I get "Mounting volume failed!"



Some screenshots:






Tried to use Windows Disk Management and I got another error:






Diskpart didn't detect the partition. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...