Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Batch rename files using AntRenamer or equivalent


I've read through some of the other batch rename threads, but couldn't find an answer to my problem. Also, I'm using AntRenamer (portable) because I'm uncomfortable using the command line.


Basically, I have a million files named similar to this "John-Smith.jpg" but I need them to look like this "Smith_John.jpg" Any insights would be great!


John-Smith.jpg
Smith_John.jpg


Answer



Use the Regular expression mode in the Actions tab:


Expression: (.+)-(.+)\.jpg
New name : $2_$1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...