Monday, July 23, 2018

partitioning - Damaged NTFS Partition by GParted


Ive got a big big problem. Ive lost my 150Gb partition with family photos/videos and other valuable stuff. :(


I have external 320Gb HDD, with (it was) partitions: [ 30gb ext3 ubuntu bootable; 150Gb NTFS with family data (was 145gb used, 5gb free); 100gb NTFS with data (worked); 20Gb unallocated space ]


And I do this with GParted: (delete 30gb ext3 partition, Apply, then Move 150gb NTFS partition to left (to 0 cylinder?). And on this operation I have failed error.


Now my partitions looks like:


[ 150gb ext3 with ubuntu files!!! but without NTFS data; 100Gb NTFS worked; 20gb unallocated ]


I've done testdisk runned, checkdisk runned but nothing helps :(


chkdsk shows me my two ntfs partitions as 'Invalid' :( but can't fix it


What I can do?
Please, please help me! There was all my life, in 150gb :(


---------8<--------------------------------------------8<------------


Later I have worked external HDD with this partitions:



  1. Linux 30GB ext3 partition with Ubuntu (bootable, but I do not use it)

  2. NTFS 150GB with my videos,photos, and other costly stuff :(

  3. NTFS 100GB with my files (now it worked okay).

  4. 20GB of unallocated space (no partition)


in GParted I use 'Move/Resize' tool, and move second partition (150gb) to left (change start cylinders or what.. I don't know). On this operation i've got error. And now I have:



  1. Linux 150GB ext3 partition with Ubuntu (bootable, but I do not use it) (5gb used / 145Gb free)

  2. NTFS 100GB with my files (now it worked okay).

  3. 20GB of unallocated space (no partition)


but chckdsk shows me my old two NTFS partitions 150gb + 100gb, and telling me that Damaged/Invalid.


How I can revert changes and restore my costly data on partition 150gb :(
Which programm? Please help!!


Answer



Guys, I have use getDataBack programm. It return me 80% of my files. And R-Studio also help me return some files.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...