Tuesday, July 24, 2018

kali linux efi boot problems

I have just downloaded Kali Linux
and used UNetBootin to install it to a
16GB HP V220W.I Followd the instructions in d kali website and created/EFI/BOOT structre and put d files in it. wrote grub.cfg and pastd it ther. I stuck it in my
machine and booted from it. Options
come up for:
Default
Back
Live (forensic mode)
Install with speech
synthesis
Hardware Detection Tool
(HDT)
However, I can't boot into any of
these; they all throw the same error: invalid magic number
cant find partition hd0.


even in legacy mode, when I choose the options, I get d same menu again
I followd the instructions from


linuxhow2s.blogspot.com/2013/06/install-force-kali-linux-on-efi-based.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...