Saturday, July 28, 2018

ubuntu - How to back up 40G of data?

I tried upgrading several Ubuntu Hardy packages to versions from a later distribution and boy, did I mess up. My computer boots but the display doesn't work and there's no internet connection.


I have /home as a separate partition so I figure I'll just reinstall Ubuntu on the root partition and I shouldn't lose any data. But I also figure I'd better back up all my data just in case. The /home partition has 40G space used (mostly pictures). I figure I can transfer several GB at a time to a usb stick and from there to another computer. It just sounds extremely tedious. Is there a better way to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...