Wednesday, July 18, 2018

windows 7 - Win7: High System process memory usage

I noticed recently on my Win7 x64 that the "System" process gradually increases its process private memory usage. Immediate after boot it starts small (<50 MB) and gradually increases over time to as high as 6 GB. I've restarted the computer a few times now and this happens across boots.


Is this typically indicative of a memory leak in some driver? What would be the best way to diagnose this?


I don't recall seeing this more than a few weeks ago, and I don't know if this is due to a recent software update, or potentially related to a RAM upgrade from 16 to 32 GB. Would appreciate any pointers. Thanks!


Screenshots:


RAMMap overview


RAMMap breakdown

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...