Friday, July 13, 2018

windows xp - How to block a key combination containing two base keys




On Windows, how can I block a key combination like Alt+F2+F8. Note that I have two base keys (F2 and F8) in it. Usually you can only block key combinations with one base key and up to three modifiers (Shift, Ctrl, Win).



With a small utility called KeyCodes I monitored what Windows sees when holding down Alt+F2+F8.
No surprise here.



enter image description here



I already tried AutoIt's function HotKeySet, but unfortunately...





The following hotkeys cannot be set:
[...]
Any global hotkeys a user has defined using third-party software, any combos of two or more "base keys" such as '{F1}{F2}', and any keys of the form '{LALT}' or '{ALTDOWN}'.




Q: How can I block a key combination containing two base keys


Answer



I think this (untested) AutoHotKey script will work :



$F2::
GetKeyState, state, F8
if state != D

SendInput {F2}
Return

$F8::
GetKeyState, state, F2
if state != D
SendInput {F8}
Return

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...