Saturday, July 28, 2018

How to open the group policy editor on windows 10

I am attempting to disable automatic reboots in windows 10, but looking at the answer here, I find I fail at the first hurdle because I can't even open the group policy editor.


I then found this, but none of those options seemed to work. For example of I type the word "group" into the windows search, I only see this:


enter image description here


If I actually type the two words "group policy" then I get "No results found for 'group policy'"


Looking on my HDD I can see that there are four instances of gpedit.msc in some very strangely named directories:


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...