Sunday, July 8, 2018

windows 10 - Can not access directory even i set permission to the group


EDITED: The following fixed my problem but i i don't feel comfortable to disable the UAC. Why is that happen and how to fix that in a different want?


http://clintboessen.blogspot.com/2013/05/you-dont-currently-have-permission-to.html


I have directory C:\1. I disabled inheritance permissions.
My LOCAL Administrators group has full access on that directory.


enter image description here


I logged in with my domain user which is part of the local administrators local group and i am getting the following error when trying to access that directory:


You don't currently have permission to access this folder.
Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder.


enter image description here


When i click "Continue", the OS grant Full Access to my domain user (that already part of the local administrators group) and i can enter to that folder.


enter image description here


I don't understand why the fact that i grant full access permission to the administrators local group is not enough while my domain user is part of it.


Answer



Instead of the built-in Administrators group, create and use another, such as Files_administrators, with your user in it.
That new group will be not affected by UAC.
NB: Logoff/logon required.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...