Monday, July 30, 2018

installation - Small footprint Windows XP install on netbook


I have a Aspire One AOA 150 . I want to customize a Windows XP installation ( for e.g with nlite ) for small memory footprint and low CPU usage. then I want to try out Windows XP embedded for performance comparisons. How can I generate a small footprint Windows XP installation? Anyone having similar experience on netbooks?


Answer



There's a few guides to it such as this


In addition, use a rewritable cd, in case you remove something you need, so you can tweak the install, and know your hardware.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...