Thursday, July 12, 2018

power supply - PSU Connectors won't fit


I just bought a new PSU to replace one that blew up a few weeks ago.


Everything went fine except that none of the 4 detachable SATA and Peripheral cables that came with the supply will connect to it. I can't really explain concisely in words, so here are some pictures that show the problem:


This is the cable:


The offending cable


...and these are the sockets on the PSU it should connect to:


The PSU sockets


Look closely at the PSU and you'll see that those two will clearly never fit together.


So my question is... why? I've never fitted a power supply before, so am I missing something or have I just been sent the wrong cables?


Answer



It is a mistake by manufacturer. The wrong connectors were spilled into mix and assembling robot never noticed the mistake.


But If you know your pinouts and can test the actual voltages and see if expected values are correct, you can use exacto knife and carefully correct one wrongly shaped pin. Or use a scalpel blade.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...