Tuesday, July 31, 2018

windows 7 - Only "lab" traffic over my Juniper VPN connection - all other traffic over normal Wifi/Ethernet?


How do I configure my Juniper VPN client to work like the Windows VPN client to not be the default gateway for all traffic?


Answer



There may be another way to do this, but adjusting the Interface Metric under Advanced as seen in the following screenshots:


Click Properties


first screen


Click Advanced


properties


Adjust the Interface Metric to, eg, 10


interface metric


After doing this, adjust your WiFI and/or Ethernet Interface Metrics likewise (I have Ethernet set to 1, WiFi to 5, and the VPN to 10). This [should] ensure that only "appropriate" traffic goes over the VPN.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...