Sunday, July 8, 2018

hard drive - Does Firmware RAID negatively affect non-RAID devices?

I am running Windows 8 on a Z77 Chipset mobo, and it's all running swimmingly, but I want to put my documents/music/etc. on two HHDs running under RAID 1.



On my motherboard I have four SATA 3GB/s ports and two 6GB/s ports. All four are used (1 Bluray Optical Drive, 1 Spare HD, and the 2 I wish to turn into a RAID 1 drive).



My Windows 8 SSD drive is the 6GB/s controller altogether.




You can see my setup here:



enter image description here



So my question is:



If I turn the 3GB/s Controller into a Firmware RAID controller (using my Intel Z77 Chipset), will that negatively affect the non-RAID hardware plugged into it? I.e. Will the HDD or Bluray drive be slower/incompatible with being plugged into a non-AHCI controller?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...