Sunday, July 8, 2018

windows 7 - Can I simply cut and paste a programs' folder onto another internal HDD and still be able to run the program?


I have two internal hard drives in my computer. A 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD and a Western Digital Blue 1 TB hard drive. I have a few games installed on the SSD and I was curious if moving the games onto the other hard drive is as simple as cut and paste


Answer



No. This will only work for e very few programs (nowadays called 'portable programs'). Your simple copy misses registry settings, DLLs in Windows directories etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...