Thursday, July 26, 2018

networking - What is using my bandwidth on Windows 10 since creators update?

Since opting into the stable channel of the creators update, something has been constantly using between 800k and 1.5Mbps. All the time. I can see this from the "performance" tab, but it's not shown in processes, app history or the new windows 10 network usage pie chart.


I've tried netstat, NetLimiter, SysInternals Suite's procmon and procexplorer as found on related StackOverflow threads and NONE of them are showing anything, not even the "hidden" tab of ProcExplorer.


I've run MalwareBytes and Windows Antivirus scans in case some kind of filesharing malware was on the machine, but in that case surely it would be UPLOADS taking the bandwidth, not downloads.


The only clue I have is that about once every 30 minutes, a window flashes up very very quickly. Might something be trying to update itself and constantly failing?


Given that 1Mb is a quarter of my 4Mb broadband speed, I'd like to try and track this down.


Resource monitor


Screenshot of bandwidth usage

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...