Thursday, July 26, 2018

license key - Install Windows 7 using MSDN ISO and Key from my newly purchased Gateway Laptop

I recently purchased a new notebook from Dell with Windows 7 Home Premium. The notebook came with lots of bloat and I want to do a fresh install of the OS and add back on, only the apps I want.


The problem is that the computers no longer come with installation discs (I believe these are OEM licenses?)


I have an MSDN account where I can download the installation disc for Windows 7 Home Premium...(I believe these are Retail installation discs, or the equivalent).


I want to use the MSDN installation disc to install the software, but use the key that came with my new computer.


I've read about deleting the ei.cfg on the ISO, but that does not seem to work...it actually corrupts the installation disc to the point where it won't work.


Any suggestions on what can be done here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...