Thursday, July 12, 2018

laptop - Keyboard shortcuts for keyboard keys that don't Work



Is there any program that can help me create keyboard shortcuts to emulate the keyboard keys that are not functioning. For. eg. Can I press Fn + 1 to emulate W and Fn + 2 for Tab. Anything comes to mind?




2 keys on my laptop keyboard are not functioning since a couple of days. They are W and Tab. i sent it to a repair man, he says, something is not right, and he is not able to fix it.



At this moment, I am trying to scram through my vocabulary to find Words that don't include the letter W and avoiding shortcuts, as Tab key is not functioning.


Answer



Assuming that you are using Windows...



The program SharpKeys can be used to remap keyboard keys. This program writes directly to the registry and therefore is probably the best way to achieve a key remap.



This program recently was recommended by PC Magazine. The PC Magazine link provides a good tutorial on how to remap the keys.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...