Sunday, July 22, 2018

memory - What are the specifications on the RAM inside my computer?


I have a Dell Dimension 9200 that I bought 4 years ago. I want to find out the exact specifications (manufacturer, speed, timings, etc.). Is there a way to get this specific info without having to open up the PC (it's buried in and under a bunch of furniture, I'd perfer not to have to dig it out).


All I know about it right now is that it is 4 1GB sticks of DDR2 RAM at 667 Mhz. It is the standard RAM that shipped with the computer 4 years ago (from Dell). Does anyone know what the specifications are of the RAM that Dell used in this particular model of computer 4 years ago?


Note: I've done my research before coming here. CPU-Z, EVEREST, and AIDA32 all have been unable to give me any more information other than 4 x 1GB @ 667Mhz. I can't find any specifications in the Dell online manuals either (at least not as specific as I want).


Thanks


-Faken


Answer



It looks like System Information for Windows should give you the information you need. Their memory screenshot page looks like it has all the timing, manufacturer, etc. information
http://www.gtopala.com/siw-hardware/memory.html


SIW is available as a free portable or installable download, down at the bottom of http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...