Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Windows 8 recovery partition on main hard drive

I've recently been having a lot of trouble with my current laptop which has caused me to reinstall my operating system several times, and I'm getting sick of always burning installation disks or creating bootable thumb drives. This time, I would like to put the installation image from my Windows 8 disk onto a recovery partition.


I've searched around for the solution but the only things I've found are just for creating thumb drive installers. I've created the partition (12 GB) easily enough but at this point, sadly, I am at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...