Monday, July 16, 2018

Windows 7 Update is available - but not displayed

Today a yet unknown issue occurred to me with Windows 7 Updates.
It is different from questions I found researching for this topic. I didn't have a problem finding, downloading or installing the update.
I don't have an english system so I don't know the exact wording of the window I describe. I'll explain how to get there.




  • The updater said there is an update available (the bubble and icon appeared in the tray bar).

  • The Windows Update page in the Control Panel showed the download and now shows the update is downloaded.

  • Control Panel's Windows Update page shows 1 important Update is available.


  • Clicking on this text opens a window Chose updates to be installed where updates are shown with name and size and one can select what to install and what to skip.

  • This window has one vertical tab saying Important (1) - there must be one important update.

  • Now the strange part: This tab is selected but the list doesn't show an update.



I wonder what's happening and how can I fix it?



I opened this window multiple times and rebootet the PC. No change.






Finally I decided to install this update.
For those who want to know what it is. The updates history says at this day KB915597 - Windows Defender - was installed. There are 4 of these KB in my history, each with a different version number. Three of them already were installed on other days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...