Sunday, July 22, 2018

Is this memory compatible with my laptop?


Here are my laptop specs: HP G-62.


CPU-Z has the following for my current memory specs:


DDR3 PC3-10700H (667 MHz)


I am looking to throw some more RAM in this laptop. I have found this memory (Newegg) and I'd like to verify I can put this in my laptop. Here are the specs of the new memory:


DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500)


My question is, will this memory be compatibile and "work" in my laptop? Thanks in advance!!


After the pointer from Simon, the memory now in question to purchase can be found here (Newegg). The specs for this memory are as follows:


DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)


Will this RAM work in my laptop?


Answer



The new memory has a significantly lower speed than your current one. You will want PC3-10600+. PC3-8500 is several years old now


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...