Friday, July 27, 2018

linux - Laptop & HDMI & External Monitor

I have a Toshiba Satellite L50-A 1CX Laptop. And a Philips 220XW8FB/00 monitor. What I want to do is simple. Just connect my Laptop to the monitor via HDMI cable.



And I used to do this without hassle. Like 3 or 4 months ago I connected my Laptop into my monitor without a single problem. But now I've been literally trying every thing for the last 3 days to make it work with no success.



When I connect my Laptop to the monitor via HDMI nothing happens. It says "no video input" on the monitor screen (and yes I select the HDMI option on the monitor.) Also I tried the "windows + P" shortcut to choose what to do with the external monitor and tried all the options clone the screen etc.



So I think something is wrong with the cable or my Laptop's HDMI input. Then I use the same HDMI cable I used and connect my Laptop to my TV. And suddenly it works. Now I think something is wrong with my Monitor.




So I have a internet TV decoder device. (like a netflix thingy) and I connect that to my monitor with the hdmi cable and boom! It works. I can watch TV on my monitor without any problems. The video the audio everything is perfect. So I start to believe that it is somehow software related.



I've been using Windows 10 at the beginning. Since then I uninstalled my laptops both intel&nvidia video drivers and re-install the most updated versions with no success. Format my PC and clean install Windows 10. Clean install windows 7. And lastly clean install Linux Mint. I am writing this one on Linux Mint. And still no success.



My laptop has both VGA and HDMI inputs so I find a VGA cable and connect my laptop to my monitor with it. And it works without issues (I only tried this on Linux Mint) I can connect my monitor using VGA. But as you know you can't get audio with VGA. And also you get better image quality and refresh rates with HDMI. So I want to use HDMI.



Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance guys..

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...