Tuesday, April 18, 2017

windows - Win10 wake ups at 2:50 am



The last few days desktop PC with Windows 10 always wake ups from hibernation at 2:50 am, wake source in Event Viewer is "Unknown".



Updates are configured (in gpedit) to only notify



enter image description here




"Automatic maintenance" is set to 13:00 and not allowed to wake up.



Wake timers in Power Options disabled.



enter image description here



In Task Scheduler I do not see any task scheduled for this time + they do not have the wake option enabled.



enter image description here




What should I do?


Answer



Finally I found what causes this issue. It is Acronis True Image 2016.



Looks like it is a bug because I disabled waking up in backup options but it still wakes my PC to make scheduled backup (it is set to backup every 6 hours). And Acronis wake timer remains even if I disable wake timers in Windows Power Options (as I checked with powercfg -waketimers command)



>powercfg -waketimers
Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
(AcrSch2Svc) expires at 20:50:00 on 09.11.2015



(why do I even continue to use this buggy piece of garbage after 2012-2014 versions?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...