Saturday, April 29, 2017

Windows 8 ISO image to USB stick?


I want to make a bootable USB stick from a Windows8 CTP DVD.
(so that I don't have to waste a DVD).


On Ubuntu (Linux) there is a program that does that automatically for oneself,
but I think it only works for Linux images (not sure, I didn't try).


For Windows, is this still the quickest way to go? As advised in Bootable ISO to USB stick xp quickest method


Answer



Necromancing.

As per 2017/18/19, you can use Rufus
Rufus is also available as portable app.
And the source is available on github.
Vastly superior to the MS crapware.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...