Sunday, April 23, 2017

windows 8.1 - How to decrease memory leaks for PAL and CM31 tags?




I have a memory leak as the picture below. Their tags are CM31 and PAL.



Picture



By using command prompt I found an upgrade for xHCIPort.sys (it was intel proset wireless software) and using Intel's program I upgraded it and after check there wasn't any upgrade in that program. However as the picture below I still see the xHCIPort.sys which causes the leak. (As in the first picture)



Picture



Second one is, I can't see anything for CM31 tag in command prompt. So, when I enter findstr /s CM31 *.* command to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers> directory it just jumping the bottom row and shows nothing.




What can be done for these?



EDIT



After checking Pool Usage from WPRUI, I saw the big usages oritinate Gh05 and PfPB tags. It was displaying for CM31 tag nearly 250 MB. I don't care it. I need to decrease the usages for Gh05 and PfPB tags. That's why I wrote the commands for that tags as I mentioned above. However, same thing happened. Nothing happens and seems in command propmt. It is just jumping bottom row..


Answer



The CM31 tag is used by Windows to load Registry Hive from user profile



enter image description here




For the xHCIPort.sys (Intel USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller/Intel Wireless Display Driver), there is no way to limit this. Ask this Intel, so that they fix the leak or disable the Intel wireless devices in device manager.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...