Saturday, April 22, 2017

windows - Can I interchange my "Home, End" keys with "PageUp, PageDown" keys on dell latitude laptop?


The Home,End keys are at the top row in my laptop, and I use them most while selecting the entire line by pressing (Shift+Home, Shift+End) - it is very inconvenient. On the other hand, "PageUp, PageDown" keys are just below the Shift Key, and I don't use them at all.


Can I interchange my "PageUp" key with "Home" key and "PageDown" key with "End" key?


Is this possible using some software?


Answer



Since you are on Windows, I recommend AutoHotkey.


Once installed you can remap Home to PageUp, End to PageDown, and vice versa, with a simple AutoHotKey script.


Just create a text file called remapKeys.ahk and execute (double click) it:


Home::PgUp
End::PgDn
PgUp::Home
PgDn::End



Documentation:


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...