Tuesday, April 25, 2017

windows 7 - Why two different keyboard connected to a single computer have telepathy?

I connected two different keyboard to my computer. (Both use USB port to communicate with the computer.) The question is:


Why when I press Caps-Lock or Num-Lock in one keyboard, The related light (The LED on the keyboard) on the other one turns on and turns off also!?


As @Tetsujin mentioned in the first comment, I guess the computer receive the request from one keyboard, and send the answer broadcasting to all ports.If so, why? Doesn't have each port a specific address to send answer just for that address? Doesn't this current mechanism increase vulnerability? (For example a hardware keylogger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...