Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Windows 8 Software Updates keeps failing

Built a computer and anytime I try to do a single or all updates for Windows Updates, it fails. I try it again, it fails. I'm starting to give up!


My computer is


 Windows 8 Professional, 64bit
Antec 850 watts PSU
ASUS Sabertooth Z77
Intel Core i7-3770k
Crucial 2x8GB Ballistix Elite
2 Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB RAID 1
4 Western Digital 2TB RAID 10
ASUS AMD Radeon 7870 V2 Graphics Card
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound Card

Latest Bios version for motherboard. I'm able to get the drivers installed. Internet connectivity is fine. Memtest is fine.


I'm back on Windows 7 for now, but even that sometimes gives me problems. Example, install the Asmedia USB 3.0 driver, and hangs the computer. Had to reboot and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...