Friday, April 14, 2017

windows 7 - Can't install Win7 on Intel SSD X25-M - no driver found in installer ISO

Exact SSD model: Intel SSDSA2M080G2GC 2.5"
Laptop I'm trying to install Windows 7 Pro x64 on is a Dell Latitude E5430
With this being an older laptop I thought the small SSD (it's 80 GB capacity) would work, but apparently the drivers for it are not in any Win7 ISO I can find. I did find the Intel page for the SSD, but all it lists for "Drivers" available is the "SetupRST.exe" which I don't think can be loaded as a disk driver during Win7 install...?


I got the Win7 ISO installer directly from support.Dell.com via the service tag, so I know it's a driver issue with the SSD, but I can't seem to find it. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...