Monday, April 17, 2017

graphics card - dual monitor issue - Windows 7

Using an NVIDIA Geforce 960 with a dual Monitor setup which simply clones the desktop to both montiors on Windows 7



  1. Monitor 1--> Insignia TV 50 inch connected via HDMI

  2. Monitor 2--> Insignia TV 55 inch connected via HDMI via Sony Amp


Having an issue where the primary monitor is disabled when I turn off the secondary monitor. I have tried all combinations of Win P to fix the issue, but no matter what setup I have, either in Windows or in the Nvidia drivers setup the problem persists. It should be noted that turning off the primary monitor does not disable the secondary, so the problem is only unidirectional.


The setup I have is simply a cloned version of the original desktop appearing on the secondary monitor. I would like it so that if I wish to turn either of the monitors off, that the other will stay connected.


Below is an image of the multiple display setup in the NVIDIA control panel. The Monitor 1--> Insignia TV 50 inch is set to be the primary monitor. As you can see there seems to be the secondary monitor listed first though (I am not sure if this has any effect on this issue).


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...