Saturday, April 29, 2017

linux - Cloning computer with UEFI boot

I have a mini PC where I have installed Arch Linux with UEFI boot.
I'm trying to clone this install on other identical mini PC.
I tried using Clonezilla alternative but at the end of the restoration of the disk image on the cloned computer I have message "EFI boot file in partition /dev/sda1 was NOT found." and the new PC won't boot with message "no option to boot to".
Is there a way to create the missing data in the computer BIOS ?
Or are you aware of another tool I can use to clone the computer ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...