Tuesday, April 18, 2017

usb - How to fix my pen drive?


I have a Toshiba Pen Drive.


Whenever I plug it to a computer, it shows a message saying-



You need to format the drive before you can use it.



I have tried repairing it via the command prompt way as listed in this site:


How to repair Pen Drive


Diskpart>List Disk> Select Disk 2>Clean


But again the computer returns an error during the 'Clean' command. It says that the action cannot be completed because of an I/O error.


I have tried using Acronis Disk Director to create a partition in the pen drive and recover it but to no avail.


I have tried using a software called Find and Mount to recover a partition but again to no avail.


I tried using google. Cannot seem to find any other way. Please help!!


Answer



Really sounds like that drive is toast. If you can't format it with a utility like the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool then it's likely to not be repairable.


Here is the link to the format tool however I don't think it will do any good if diskpart is failing to fix things.
http://download.cnet.com/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool/3000-2094_4-10974082.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...