Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Laptop "Memory 1, Memory 2" meaning?

I'm looking at buying a new laptop and have noticed some don't have a single memory description such as for example: 16GB DDR4 ...




Some laptops I've seen have displayed:






Memory 1: Onboard 4GB DDR4 Memory



Memory 2: 16GB DDR4







What does this mean? Does the laptop have a full 20GB of memory? Or only 4GB unless I change some settings?



Edit:



This is the specific laptop I'm talking about:
http://store.acer.com.au/acer/store/index.php/notebook/travelmate-p648m-i7-8gb-512gb-ssd.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...