Saturday, April 29, 2017

partitioning - Cloning drive to drive of same size in Ubuntu Server 12.04LTS

I'm trying to replace a 3.5in hard drive with a 2.5in hard drive inside a 1U server. The drives have the same capacity (250GB, 232GB formatted). It's been years since I've cloned a hard drive, and even then, it was with Windows. Basically, I have the new hard drive mounted in an external dock (it's a bare drive, not an external HDD) and I need to mount it. However, I don't know how I'd go about duplicating the current hard drive's partition scheme and the like. I see a few different ways on the Google, but what's the best way to do this so that I can clone the drive, take out the old one, pop in the new one, and boot up as I did before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...