Thursday, April 27, 2017

batch file - open a command prompt and setting the default path


I want a .bat file which opens a command prompt and then set my default directory also set the enviromenet variable JAVA_HOME


For now I am manually openning command prompt and then setting my project directry path and then setting the environment variable.


I am using commands as :


open cmd.exe
cd d:\Code
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Jdk.1.6

I want that when I execute the batch file that execute the commant before openning. How to do that ?


Answer



Assuming you want specifically a batch file to be clickable directly on Windows desktop, a simple, yet not elegant way, would be to use the following code in batch file:


@cd d:\Code
@set JAVA_HOME=C:\Jdk.1.6"
@cmd.exe /K

It will set the path and the variable, and in that context launch a nested command session with /K parameter - which will force it to wait for user input (instead of disappearing).


A more elegant solution would be to create a new shortcut on the desktop and configure it as follows:



  • Command: cmd /K set JAVA_HOME=C:\Jdk.1.6

  • Start in: d:\Code


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...