Friday, April 21, 2017

windows 7 - I can't delete a file - even when using unlocker



Ok, so when I try to delete this from my desktop, I get this error:



enter image description here




When I click "See what's locking this" in lock hunter, I get this:



enter image description here



Now, I have a drive, called G:. I only have one physical drive, and it's D:. Also, I have NO virtual drive software installed, so I have NO clue how it got there. Right-clicking on G:\ and chosing eject doesn't do anything but change the logo, it still says the file size and whatnot. Here's the picture of the "What's locking this?" of the contained file:



enter image description here



But when I try to delete it...




enter image description here



Both of these files don't let me delete them. I had put win8install.iso as a virtual drive a while back, but I uninstalled that software (but can reinstall it if needed)



Starting this in safe mode doesn't work.


Answer



Get a Linux Live Cd, and get gparted, systemrescue or parted magic (any release would work, but a small distro for something quick). Burn it to cd/usb, and boot your computer to it. Mount the hd, and find the folder and delete it.



You can use Unetbootin to create the live cd or do it manually.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...