Tuesday, April 11, 2017

virtual machine - SSD wear for rMBP mid 2015 15" with running VMware Fusion

I have the rMBP mid 2015 15" with a 512GB SSD. I will be running VMware Fusion for my Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Redhat virtual machines.


Most of the time I will be using my Windows 8.1 virtual guest and will use the other virtual guest as needed. I am concerned I am going to prematurely wear our my SSD with running a virtual machines pretty much everyday on a SSD.


I am busy going through a lengthy wikipedia on SSD wear but everything is very vague. Does anybody have experience with a similar usage case and with fairly recent hardware?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...