Thursday, April 27, 2017

Windows 7 Recovery Disk not working

Ive been having a bit of trouble with my windows 7 Toshiba laptop computer lately. It started with my computer running slow one evening so I tried to restart it but when it started up, it blue screened for half a second and shut off. I tried repeating this but it just kept happening. I tried going into the F12 menu to reset it but it didnt work that way either. It just showed the windows logo startup thing and then went to a black screen with my cursor still sitting there. After I tried that, restarting it showed a black screen that said


"
Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Intel Coporation


For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.2(09/06/12)


Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.


Reboot and select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key
"


So I got my Toshiba recovery media disk to try and fix it that way. It goes through and loads up fine, but it just shows a Windows logo and then eventually a little loading graphic and goes straight to a black screen. The recovery media disk that I have says "Toshiba Recovery Media Satelite S50 - A series Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. I hope someone here knows a solution to this because I really cant afford to take this to a repair shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...