Sunday, April 30, 2017

Windows update KB3013769, KB3013816 failing on Windows 8.1

I have two optional updates to install on my laptop, a lenovo Thinkpad X201. All mandatory updates have already been applied. It has failed repeatedly, despite me doing several reboots.



enter image description here




If I click Install, I get this screen after a while:



enter image description here



I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and it looks like this:



enter image description here



I click Next and I eventually get:




enter image description here



enter image description here



If I reboot and try again, I go through the same loop, although the error message is slightly different:



enter image description here



Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...