Friday, May 31, 2019

windows - Add a directory and all subdirectories to the PATH variable with a single entry

I've got a directory in my home folder in which I place command-line software (CMD_Software). I put each piece of software in its own directory within CMD_Software in order to avoid clutter.


I would like to make a single entry in my PATH variable that will allow access to CMD_Software and all directories it contains from the command line.


I tried C:\Users\myuser\CMD_Software\* but that did nothing. That's the point at which I ran out of ideas.


Please note that I'm not trying to set a new path while in the terminal, I'm trying to set a new path in the "Environment Variables" available on the "Advanced" tab of System Properties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...