Thursday, May 30, 2019

Windows 7 Update freezes - what to do?


Yesterday I shutdown my notebook, and Windows 7 Ultimate started to install automatic updates. After one hour, I noticed that the update was still running. I thought OK, I shall go to sleep and let it run. In the morning it was still running.


Thus, I thought it had crashed, forced a shutdown of the notebook and then restarted it. With the same effect that the notebook is "freezing" at "Install Update 1 of 5".


It does not look like it has crashed. The progress wheel is still moving. But it does not make any progress...


Would appreciate any help!


Edit:
OK, I was able to log-in into safe mode. This way I passed the install update screen. I do not want to generally disable updates, what can I do to not install the last update, which is creating troube. Or how can I find out whats the problem with the last update?


Answer



Starting in safe mode and installing the updates manually has solved the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...