Saturday, May 11, 2019

thinkpad - Reset supervisor password on Leveno T60


I removed the user password on my Lenovo laptop and now it's asking me for a supervisor password I never set.
Apparently this password is kept in some sort of non volatile memory and cannot be cleared by resetting the CMOS, which I have already tried.
Does anyone know what this password may be? My model is a T60. I saw another procedure, but it involved an eeprom and other complicated equipment, I do not have.


Answer



So it turns out that the supervisor password, if unset is the same as the password you removed, just capped at 7 characters. Mine was 9 characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...